Yale Smart Locks Offer Peace of Mind and Secure Entry

 ith the new door in my dad’s house, it was time to think about locks. My dad has a lot going on and as we all know, keys can be lost.

There was also the issue where for four days I tried to contact my dad. He was in South Carolina, alone, and I was in Virginia. I cannot begin to tell you how filled with worry I was on his phone continued to go to voicemail. I remember telling my husband on the fifth day, if I don't get a hold of my dad today, you are driving down there.

I had no plan.

My husband pointed out that we had no key to the house so if something had happened, we weren't easily getting in.

Then we learned about Yale Keyless Connected Smart Lock. It is a lock that gives him the option of a PIN, key fob, card or smartphone entry. I don’t have to worry about his locking himself out, or if something happens, how we are getting inside his home.

yale smart lock installation 7

My dad is also trusting and it’s great that should he give his PIN out to the wrong person, we can quickly bar access without having to replace any locks. This can be done through the Keyless Connected Smart Lock master PIN. It can be used at any time and is required to change settings.

It also allows the user to set individual PINs – say, one per family member. With the keypad able to store up to 20 unique user codes.

With the remodeling project, the Yale Keyless Connected Smart Lock also features a one-day PIN, which gives the PIN holder time-limited access to your home.

Not a fan of the PIN process? No problem! There’s no need for PINs at all, the lock also works with RFID tags (credit card-sized or key-ring mounted).

It’s easy to forget things. The Yale Keyless Connected Smart Lock ends the question of whether you remembered to lock the door. It locks automatically after seven seconds, but you can change the option to increase the auto-lock time or disable it completely (not recommended).

yale smart lock installation

Installation involves simply replacing an existing cylinder, making it a simple addition to most homes. You can watch a quick Yale Smartlock Demonstration video my husband created while using the lock at my dad's.

yale smart lock installation 3

It’s sort of futuristic-looking. It has a keypad. It’s heavy duty with some heft to the unit. It offers the same base level as before since the lock simply replaces the existing cylinder.

yale smart lock installation 4

Installation didn’t take long and was straightforward. Removed the old lock and cylinder.

yale smart lock installation 2

The Yale Keyless Connected Smart Lock comes with a connecting bar, which slides into your night latch. Inside you have the original latch so getting out through the door is no different.

 

Yale Keyless Connected Smart Lock is peace of mind when you are away from home.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 2008 Issue of Family Fun

Best Friends: A Reunion After 14 Years

Sometimes Waiting Isn't the Worst Thing